BEST OFFERS

Tuesday 1 April 2014

Meenakshi Dixit on her way to make it big in Bollywood with P se PM Tak.

Meenakshi Dixit on her way to make it big in Bollywood with P se PM Tak.

A runner-up in Nachle Ve with Saroj Khan and being trained by the dance director herself, Meenakshi Dixit was destined to make a mark in the glamour world. After debuting as the lead actress in Tollywood with Lifestyle and then doing item numbers in Dookudu, Billa 2 and Baadshah, Meenakshi has blazed her way into B-town as the lead actress for Kundan Shah’s P Se PM Tak.

Talking about her journey, Meenakshi says, “What I am today is because of the dance reality show. My debut movie bombed at the box-office, after which I entered the Malayalam and Tamil industries. When I did not have offers in hand, I was approached for an item number in Dookudu. It was something new, so I took it up. Later I started rejecting item numbers as it was not something that I wanted to do.”

“I was looking for a break in Bollywood and I auditioned for P Se PM Tak and to my surprise, I was selected as the lead, P se PM tak is a woman-oriented film and I play a prostitute who becomes the CM in four days. The movie is about her journey and how her life changes and how she changes the lives of others.

“It was a tough role to play. I had to attend a two-month workshop to fit perfectly into the character,” she adds. 

P Se PM Tak is currently in its post-production stage.

Svayam's 'Accessible Family Toilet Project' Reveals that 76% of People in Rural India, with Reduced Mobility, Struggle to Access Basic Sanitation Facilities

In four years, 1.44 crore individuals have been made aware of the significance of accessible sanitation across 14 st...