BEST OFFERS

Tuesday 14 February 2017

Dr (Prof) Sanskruti Rajhans contesting from Ward No 19 at Charkop, Kandivali West.



Dr (Prof) Sanskruti Rajhans



A PhD in Hindi Literature, Dr Rajhans further commented that the city severely lacks in infrastructure and amenities. It is a documentation of the BMC’s failure on issues including roads, garbage, water supply, solid waste management, hospitals and schools. “During the Shiv Sena’s regime, they have spent crores of rupees on various services, but has anything changed in the city? Rather, the situation is deteriorating continuously,” she maintained.

The 39-year-old is contesting the BMC polls from Ward No 19 in Charkop, Kandivali West. “My constituency has been a Shiv Sena bastion for many years, but the scenario has completely changed since the outgoing corporation turned a deaf ear deteriorating on all fronts,” she concluded.

Dr (Prof) Sanskruti Rajhans (born September 11 1976) is an Indian politician and she joined the Congress party in 2012. She is Women’s President – Sahakar Cell of Kandivali Unit of the Congress party. She is representing Ward No 19 for the ensuing Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) elections 2017 on Congress seat.

Early life and education
Dr Rajhans is married to Shri Satyanarayan Rajhans, who is a social worker and Founder President of

She received her PhD degree in Hindi literature from Kolhapur University. She was a Hindi professor with Annasaheb Dhange College of Arts in Kolhapur.

Agenda Charkop
Education
I believe the future belongs to the young and a nation’s welfare depends on the decisions of its educated and informed citizens. Thus, great impetus must be put into education and youth development, and I intend to initiate programs centered on youth development and self-empowerment to uplift the socio-economic group.

Infrastructure Development
For bettering the lives of the people of my constituency my major concern is refining infrastructure. My priorities are roads, water supply drainage, sanitation, health care and transport.

Women and Child Welfare
Empowering women and girl child education are concerns close to my heart and I will do everything in my power to strengthen this backbone.

Sports and Recreation
Ironically, a fun thing like sports needs to be taken more seriously. I will initiate measures to improve sporting facilities and make them more accessible to every strata of society. I want children to have the right facilities for play and have I have taken several initiatives to save and ensure as many open spaces.

Peace and Communal Harmony
The fundamentals of my philosophy and efforts to propagate peace and communal harmony will continue not only in my constituency.

Health
Health is a concern close to my heart. My key areas have been Cancer, empowering the Differently Abled, General Health and AIDS awareness.

Svayam's 'Accessible Family Toilet Project' Reveals that 76% of People in Rural India, with Reduced Mobility, Struggle to Access Basic Sanitation Facilities

In four years, 1.44 crore individuals have been made aware of the significance of accessible sanitation across 14 st...